|Canadian police officers put their lives on the line every day in
order to preserve a lawful society. Sadly, they sometimes pay the ultimate
price. Fallen Officers is a memorial to the men and women whose
sacrifices deserve to be remembered and whose heroic stories need to be told:
- Four Mounties from Mayerthorpe were shot while trying to
apprehend James Roszko, who was suspected of having a marijuana grow operation
on his property.
- After pulling over a truck for failing to turn down its high
beams, Constable Dennis Strongquill is gunned down by one of the two occupants
being sought on Canada-wide warrants.
- Veteran Corporal Jim Galloway is shot by Martin Ostopovich, a
diagnosed schizophrenic, as Ostopovich tried to flee from police.
- Constable Ezio Joseph Faraone was killed as he arrived at the
scene of an Edmonton bank robbery.
- An all-out manhunt in Western and Northern Canada ensues when
the body of Constable Christopher Worden is discovered at an apartment building
in Hay River, NWT.
- More than 50 years ago, Constable Spike Millen investigates a
complaint of illegal trapping and is killed in a shoot-out with the Mad
Trapper of Red River.
- The untimely death of a 22-year-old Ottawa rookie, Constable
David Kirkwood, inspired the Canadian Police and Peace Officers National
- Constable Marc Bourdages and single mother Constable Robin
Cameron are killed by Curtis Dagenais after pursuing him near Mildred,
- While trying to kick down a door, Constable Valerie Gignac of
the Laval Police Department is killed when a man fires a bullet through the