The Colour Oxford Canadian Dictionary of Current
English offers a reliable description of Canadian spelling, pronunciation,
and meaning in a durable and portable format. With each head word in colour it
is easy for the user to find words quickly. With 125,000 words, phrases, and
definitions, this dictionary features over 800 uniquely Canadian words and
senses. Definitions are presented so the meaning most familiar to Canadians
appears first, with each of these entries being exceptionally reliable
the result of Oxfords unparalleled language resources and thorough
research into the language. Throughout, it offers authoritative guidance on
Canadian spelling, and pronunciations are given for difficult words using an
easy sound-it-out system (i.e. for QWERTY Say KWUR tee). Designed to fulfill
users everyday reference needs, the Colour Oxford Canadian Dictionary
of Current English offers Canadians essential core vocabulary for everyday
- Based on the critically acclaimed bestselling , award-winning
Canadian Oxford Dictionary.
- Headwords in colour for easy look-up.
- Over 125,000 words, phrases, and definitions.
- Over 800 uniquely Canadian words and sens.
- 250 entries pertaining to Aboriginal peoples
- Dependable guidance on Canadian spellings.
- Easy-to-understand pronunciation guidance for difficult